Kaiapoi RealSwim Centre
We have multiple booking items. Firstly do check our calendar by clicking here ‘Booking Calendar’
Or please e-mail your inquiry:
Chloe Harris email@example.com
Chloe can be available 7 days a week – just ask. She coaches adult learn to swim, technique analysis and all forms of open water (Intro, competition and marathon). E-mail her direct to book a 121.
Lesson locations – various: MAC’s swim centre, Propeller Swim School, RealSwim Centre Colombo, Waltham (Summer only) and the Open water (Summer only).
121 Swim Technique Analysis with video , 60 mins , $115 – available on request
121 Learn to Swim Adults or Swim Technique, 30 mins $69 – book online
Mel Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail Mel direct – especially if you’re training for a triathlon
If there isn’t a coach / date time that suits please e-mail us email@example.com as we have plenty of alternatives available.
|Suitability||Available for Adult swimmers 16 years or above.|
|Price||Standard sessions are priced at $115 GST inclusive for a one hour lesson, $85 for a 40min, or $69 GST inclusive for a 30min lesson. Our fundamentals of Freestyle program is 6 x 30 minute lessons and is suitable for learner swimmers and those seeking ongoing technical development, the cost is $345 incl GST. We are happy to tailor a program to suit – firstname.lastname@example.org|
Coaches Dan Abel, Chloe Harris and Mel Jones are now based in Christchurch and utilise a number of swim locations. The best way to inquire about a lesson is via e-mail email@example.com or Swimcoach@fitandabel.com Click to learn more about our coaching team.
|Philosophy||Our approach to swimming is simple; we don’t believe there is any one approach that is perfect for everyone. We all have different injury, lifestyle, occupational and sporting influences and backgrounds that will shape the way we approach our swimming and will influence the way we swim. Our goal is to listen to your swimming needs and wants, explore the best way for you to learn and then to provide a quality and substantive swimming experience, one that you can take away and apply over and over to ensure you get the best return from your swim lesson. This may involve some or all of the following- A quality pre swim assessment- Swim anaylsis /filmed swim technique- Video review- Instructor in water demonstration- Swim theory discussion- Follow up e-mail summary of the lesson|
We are very lucky to have access to modern private 12M swim flume, our ‘RealSwim Center’. This facility allows you to learn without the distraction or stress of public observation. The video feedback facilities allow you to observe your swimming immediately so that learning and adaption can be made during the lesson.
Terms and Conditions Any booked session cancelled greater than 24 hours prior to the session will be rescheduled at no cost. Cancellations within 24 hours of the scheduled time will not be rescheduled or refunded. Please respect this policy as the business is run on appointment only, if you cancel late it is too late to rebook that slot. This policy also runs in reverse, should Fit&Abel Ltd cancel within 24 hours you can expect a complimentary session.
WETSUITS – We are happy to provide help and guidance when deciding on a wetsuit; in Christchurch New Zealand we recommend Front Runner In the Colombo Street Mall (Ask for Lynette, Oska or JC) for a great range of performance wetsuits and expert advice to ensure you get a wetsuit that fits correctly and is right for your swim ability.
Inquiries firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
2019 – 2020 dates will be released soon
Returning for its second season, we are really excited to be able to continue offering you the opportunity to experience our Lake Fitness lap course in Lake Tahi/Roto Kohatu Reserve.
This is not a coached session but is a brilliant opportunity for you to train with friends in a safe and supervised open water environment and increase your swimming fitness.
Swimmers must pre-register online or at the lake, before they enter the water, and sign out on exiting the swim.
2019/2020 Lake Swim Fitness Dates announced soon.
Sunday Mornings 6.30am – 8.30am
*Last entry is 8am. *Start time will become later toward the end of summer
Lake Tahi Swim Fitness Operating Procedures
- Swimming routes and procedures must be adhered to at all times please
- All swimmers must wear a bright cap: Orange, Pink, Red or Yellow
- The swim course is approximately 900M in length for one lap
- The cost per swim is $10 on a swim concession pass or $15 for a single swim/on the day swim
- The swim route is anti-clockwise, it runs directly between the four Fit&Abel/RealSwim buoys.
- Minimum age is 13 years on the day.
- All other buoys are permanent fixtures in the lake and should be used as secondary navigation aids only
- You must have pre-registered or have completed a registration form prior to entering the water
- All swimmers must sign out of the water at the completion of their swim
- Nervous swimmers/first-timers are encouraged to speak with staff before their swim and it is highly recommended that you wear a RealSwim Bag
- The Lake is only open for swimming at certain times. Please be aware of these times and ensure you adhere to them. Swimming outside of the set times jeopardises the access of all open water swimmers to the Lake
- Swim Safety is provided, it is an additional safety layer but not a guarantee of your safety.
- You should be fit and comfortable before undertaking swim fitness. We also encourage you to swim with a buddy, any time you swim in the open water. If you require assistance roll onto your back and raise one arm in the air. Stay calm.
- Staff instructions should be obeyed at all times for your safety and for the safety of other swimmers.
Vehicles and Access
- Access gates are open 15 mins prior to a swim start time, they are locked during the swimming period and reopened again for 15 mins at the end of a swim time. If you arrive at any other time or you wish to drive out prior to the end of a lake swim fitness session you will need to park on Sawyers Arms road or CCC carparks in the reserve and walk in.
- Bring your own KeepCup and we will provide a hot cuppa for you to enjoy post swim during November!
Swim Fitness and 1-2-1 Lessons
Improve technique and get fit this winter!
Swim Coaching: Groups, Private Lessons, Open Water Fitness and Technique
Our Winter Program includes:
- Adult Winter group training – see info below
- Childrens Lessons – see info below
- Private 1 on 1 coaching
- Custom clinics – NZ wide with prior arrangement.
Our groups training’s are for open water swimmers and triathletes looking to focus on technique, skills and fitness. We hold these sessions in the pool over winter. See the summer schedule for open water group sessions. Swimmers can expect to increase fitness, improve technique and learn more about open water swimming. We also offer private lessons for adults learn to swim through to technique correction.
Group sessions are suitable for anyone aged 16 years or older looking to improve their open water swimming abilities. For pool sessions contact us with your swim ability and we can direct you to the sessions that would be most suitable.
Winter Programme 2019: Bookings Open
Dates and locations
- Adult Group Fitness and Technique
- Propellor Swim School, 140 Hayton Rd,Wigram ( from 6 May)
- Adult Group Fitness and Technique
- Propellor Swim School, 140 Hayton Rd, Wigram ( from 2 May)
Saturday 10.15am (every fortnight)
- Weekenders swim group – with optional 2nd hour for endurance swimmers
- MAC’s swim pool, 54 Wickham Street, Bromley (from 8 June)
Prices for our standard swim pass
Single session $15
5 swim pass $65 ($13 per swim)
10 swim pass $120 ($12 per swim)
20 swim pass $220 ($11 per swim)
30 swim pass $300 ($10 per swim)
(All GST inclusive)
Swimmers need to be there 5 minutes before the start time.
All group swims have limited numbers, please click the booking button to confirm your spot. (T&C’s apply, see below)
121 Lessons Adults and Children
121 Lessons are available for ages 5 – 105! Current offerings include;
Monday afternoon; ages 5-16 only
Wednesday and Saturday afternoons; ages 5 and up at our RealSwim Centre in Kaiapoi.
Our kids 1 on 1 lessons are designed to give maximum return for your child’s time with the tutor. You don’t have to have one weekly (you can if you wish) however once a fortnight, once a month or a 5 session ‘block’ are our recommendations in combination with family pool play time and other group swim lessons.
121 lessons options for adults or children: 30 mins $57.50 / 40 mins $85 / 60 mins $115
To inquire please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or click the booking link to see the calendar and book as you go. This will show the group lesson availability as well as some 121 lesson times. Our booking system is ‘live’ meaning you can ‘click to book’ online … no hassles, no waiting in line. Any questions as email@example.com . E-mail us if you would like a call back.
For a more detailed view of the program calendar please click the registration link below. Online pre registration is required to reserve your lesson.
Terms and Conditions
* Swim passes can be used across all of the winter and summer Ocean swim, Pool and Freshwater swim sessions. Please note after purchasing your swim pass you then must reserve your space at each swim group by registering the dates and times you will be attending.
* Each group has limited numbers. You may find some swim dates are full in which case you will be added to the waitlist.
* You can unregister for any swim group up to 6 hours prior to the start time.
* Cancellations due to weather will be rolled over to the next session.
* No refunds, we will certainly do our best to accommodate any cancellations.
* Note: swimming caps are compulsory – available from our online store for $5. Please select the registration link at the top of the page to make your booking.
*Note: information collected as part of the registration process is managed and used in accordance with the NZ Privacy Act 1993. That means it’s not shared with a third party, we protect it, and you have the right to review any information collected about you at any time.
We are happy to provide help and guidance when deciding on a wetsuit; in Christchurch New Zealand we recommend Front Runner In the Colombo Street Mall (Ask for JC or Lynette) for a great range of performance wetsuits and expert advice to ensure you get a wetsuit that fits correctly and is right for your swim ability.
Make sure you check out our swim holidays and custom swim options at www.realswimadventures.com
Improve technique and get fit this winter!
The below is hidden on all screen sizes. Its being left here for the 2019 winter season and when requested by Dan, it can be dragged back into the section above where it will display.