Race One: 21/11/18 – Corsair
- Race one RESULTS
Race Two: 28/11/18 – Corsair
- Race two RESULTS
Race Three: 05/12/18 – Corsair
- Race three RESULTS
Race Four: 12/12/18 – Corsair
- Race four RESULTS
Rain Date: 19/12/18 – Corsair
Race Five: 16/01/19 – Corsair
- Race Five RESULTS
Race Six: 23/01/19 – Naval Point
Cancelled due to the weather conditions.
Race Seven: 30/01/19 – Corsair
- Race 7 RESULTS
Race Eight: 06/02/19 – Corsair LONG 4km course
- Race 8 RESULTS
Race Nine: 20/02/19 – Corsair LONG 4km course
- Race 9 RESULTS
Race Ten: 27/02/19 – Corsair
- Race 10 CANCELLED DUE WEATHER
Race Eleven: 06/03/19 – Naval Point
- Race 11 RESULTS
The majority of the season we will be offering 500M/1000M/ 2000M swims each Wednesday night.Racing will begin at 6:30pm at each night. With a cut off at 7.45pm
On the 6th and 20th of Feb 2019 only we will offer 1000M/2000M/4000M swims. These longer swims will start at 6.15pm each night with a cut off at 8.15pm.
Our aim with the RealSwim Race Series is to get adults active, to give them confidence in the open water, and to provide opportunities to prepare for the many national swimming and multisport evens such as IronMan NZ, Challenge Wanaka and the Ocean Swim series. Improving Water Safety is also one our key goals for the series.
– 5:30 registration opens / 5.15pm on 6 and 20 Feb
– 6:15 Registration closes / 6pm on 6 and 20 Feb
– 6:20 compulsory race brief / 6.05pm on 6 and 20 Feb
– 6:30 First wave (long course 2000M) starts / on 6 and 20 Feb 6.15pm 4000M wave begins
– 7:40 Last swimmers must be out of the water / 8.15pm for on 6 and 20 Feb.
– 7:45 Prizegiving/ 8.20pm on 6 and 20 Feb
There are 500m, 1000m, and 2000m races categories. The 500m race involves one lap of the triangular course, the 1000m race is two laps, and the 2000m is 4 laps of the course. Each distance has a male and female category for individuals.
There are 1000m, 2000m, and 4000m races on 6 and 20 Feb. The 1000m race involves one lap of the triangular course, the 2000m race is two laps, and the 4000m is 4 laps of the course. Each distance has a male and female category for individuals.
· Series Swim Pass Early Bird pre 1 october $195 incl free cap
·Series Swim Pass Early Bird pre 20 Nov october $210 incl free cap
· Single Swim Pass short course nights: $22 + $5 Cap
On the night registration is $30 + cash only.
· Single Swim Pass long course nights: $30 + $5 Cap
On the night registration is $35 + cash only.
Caps – colours have been selected for high visibility and safety in open water
· Yellow must be worn by long distance competitors
· Pink must be worn by medium distance competitors
· Orange must be worn by short distance competitors
All swimmers must wear the appropriate coloured cap. You may wear your own cap as long as it is the correct colour. Yellow, pink and orange caps will be available to purchase as part of the registration or on the night for $5.
1. All online entries must be received online by 2pm on the day of the race. LATE ENTRIES MAY BE ACCEPTED ON THE NIGHT $30 CASH/ or on 7 and 21 Feb $35 CASH.
2. Competitors YOUNGER THAN 16 years on the night who are competent swimmers, may seek dispensation from the race director to enter via their parent or guardian . Please e-mail to email@example.com
3. All competitors must wear the appropriate coloured cap. (Distance = Yellow, Medium = Pink, Short = Orange) It may have any branding but must be the correct colour. Correct coloured caps are available for $5.
4. All swimmers must attend the safety briefing at 6.20pm/ 6pm long course, the night of the race.
5. Race start is 6.30pm or 6.15pm for the long course. The start line is waist deep to prevent toe stub running injuries.
6. Race cut off is 7.40pm/Or on 6 and 20 Feb 8.15pm – you must complete your swim by this time or you will be asked to leave the water.
7. Prizes will be awarded for first place male and female for each distance.
8. Un-sportsperson like behaviour will not be tolerated, this is a community, fun swim event. Anyone deemed to be in breach of this, will be asked to leave the venue.
9. Competency – swimmers are responsible for ensuring they have completed sufficient training to ensure they can competently complete this event. If in doubt speak to a staff member prior to beginning. We recommend a private swim coaching lesson and preparation in the group open water coached swims prior to swim racing.
10. The race director has the final say on race course layout and race participation.
For RealSwim Race Series feedback and queries email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep an eye out for updates and other opportunities including our regular Fit&Abel swim coaching posts on facebook .
RealSwim Race Series Key Partner
A big thank you to our community friends without whom the RealSwim Race Series would not be possible: