Real Swim Race Series
Join us for an awesome six race series this summer!
Welcome to the RealSwim Race Series for 2020/2021. This season we are bringing you a series that offers variety over 6 races throughout Dec, Jan and Feb as we continue our aim to get more adults active, to support swimmers gaining confidence in the open water, help improve water safety skills and to provide opportunities for you to prepare for the many national swimming and multi-sport events such as IronMan NZ, Challenge Wanaka and the Ocean Swim series.
Race Dates, Times and Locations;
Sat 12 Dec 2020: Lake Rua. Race start time; 0800
Sat 19 Dec 2020: Lake Rua. Race start time; 0800
Wed 13 Jan 2021: Naval Point. Race start time; 1830
Wed 20 Jan 2021: Corsair Bay. Race start time; 1830
Wed 27 Jan 2021: Corsair Bay. Race start time; 1830
Wed 3 Feb 2021: Corsair Bay. Race start time; 1830
Short = 500m
Medium = 1000m
Long = 2000m
- Registration opens 60mins before race start
- Registration closes 15mins before race start
- Compulsory race brief will be 5mins before race start
- Race Start will be in 3 waves. The long course swimmers will be set off first. Waves are started 2mins apart.
- Course cut off is 70mins after race start
- Prize giving is immediately after the final swimmer is out of the water
There are 500m, 1000m, and 2000m race categories. The 500m race involves one lap of the course, the 1000m race is two laps, and the 2000m is 4 laps of the course. Each distance has a male and female category for individuals.
- Single Swim Pass: $25
- 3 Race Swim Pass: $75
- Full Series Swim Pass (6 races): $150, includes race cap
- Purchase a 2020/2021 6 race swim pass and enter all 6 races between 1 Sept and 30 Sept 2020 and receive $50 off a wetsuit at Frontrunner – Colombo. T&C’s apply; $5o off the full NZ RRP of a wetsuit.
- On the night registration is available, please bring $30 cash.
Please note: the full series swim pass is not a discounted pass, it is provided for the convenience of booking. We are doing our best to deliver an awesome swim series in challenging times. Thanks for your support.
Colours have been selected for high visibility and safety in open water
- Yellow must be worn by long distance competitors
- Pink must be worn by medium distance competitors
- Orange must be worn by short distance competitors
All swimmers must wear the appropriate coloured cap. You may wear your own cap as long as it is the correct colour. Yellow, pink and orange caps will be available to purchase as part of the registration or on the night for $5.
1. All online entries must be received online by;
– 1800 the night before the two Saturday events
– 1400 on the day of the race for the four Wednesday events. LATE ENTRIES ARE ACCEPTED ON THE DAY/NIGHT – $30, CASH ONLY.
2. Competitors YOUNGER THAN 16 years on the day who are competent swimmers may seek dispensation from the race director to enter via their parent or guardian . Please e-mail to email@example.com
3. All competitors must wear the appropriate coloured cap. (Long = Yellow, Medium = Pink, Short = Orange). It may have any branding but must be the correct colour. Correct coloured caps are available for $5.
4. All swimmers must attend the safety briefing 5mins before race start at every event.
5. Race start is 0800 at Lake Rua (pre-Christmas races) and 1830 at Corsair Bay and Naval Point (post-Christmas races). The start line is waist deep to prevent toe stub running injuries.
6. Race cut off is 70mins after race start – you must complete your swim by this time or you will be asked to leave the water.
7. Prizes will be awarded for first place male and female for each distance.
8. Un-sportsperson like behaviour will not be tolerated, this is a community, fun swim event. Anyone deemed to be in breach of this, will be asked to leave the venue.
9. Competency – swimmers are responsible for ensuring they have completed sufficient training to ensure they can competently complete this event. If in doubt speak to a staff member prior to beginning. We recommend a private swim coaching lesson and preparation in the group open water coached swims prior to swim racing.
10. The race director has the final say on race course layout and race participation.
For RealSwim Race Series feedback and queries email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep an eye out for updates and other opportunities including our regular Fit&Abel swim coaching posts on facebook.
Join the 2020/2021 race series!
Terms and conditions RealSwim Race Series (RSRS):
If we remain in Covid Level 2 or move into Levels 3 or 4, this event will be cancelled or postponed as per NZ Ministry of Health Guidelines. Your race entry will then entitle you to EITHER;
1. Two entries of our “virtual race”
2. should the Covid level reduce, you will be able to book the next available race date when the series resumes.
By entering the RSRS you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions.
A big thank you to our community friends without whom the RealSwim Race Series would not be possible: