Real Swim Race Series
As we progress through the next few months, we will have a better understanding as to what this series will look like for the 2020/2021 summer. Keep an eye out for updates.
Done and Dusted!
Your 2019 / 2020 SERIES CHAMPIONS are:
Long Course : Sammi Harnett and Ben Isles
Medium Course : Alannah McGuiness and Jack Staples
Short Course : Kiera Hall and Jack Simmons
Our Champion of Champions award winners are
- Sophie Dennan
- Liz Millow
20 Nov – Corsair Bay – Nil swim , weather cancel
27 Nov – Naval Point – RESULTS
4 Dec – Corsair Bay – RESULTS
11 Dec – Corsair Bay – RESULTS
18 Dec – Corsair Bay – Nil swim due water quality
15 Jan – Corsair Bay – RESULTS
22 Jan – Corsair Bay – RESULTS
29 Jan – Corsair Bay – RESULTS
5 Feb – Corsair Bay. Long Course night – RESULTS
19 Feb – Corsair Bay. Long Course night – RESULTS
26 Feb – Naval Point RESULTS
4 March – Corsair Bay RESULTS
This 10 week swim race series held Nov 2019 – Feb 2020 is back for another year as we continue our aim to get more adults active, to support swimmers gaining confidence in the open water, to help improve water safety skills and to provide opportunities for you to prepare for the many national swimming and multi-sport events such as IronMan NZ, Challenge Wanaka and the Ocean Swim series.
For the 2019/2020 series we are pleased to introduce two new passes;
- 5 Swim Race Pass
- A ‘Performance Pass’
- Two of the races (5 AND 19 Feb) will be ‘long course’ on a 1km lap giving swimmers the opportunity to swim up to 4km.
- There will be no race the week of Challenge Wanaka.
- Trophies are presented to the overall series winners.
- 8 of the 10 events are held at Corsair Bay, with two held at Naval Point. Please check dates carefully.
Eight of the ten events will be offering 500M/1000M/ 2000M race options. Racing will begin at 6:30pm at each night. With a cut off time of 7.45pm.
On the 5th and 19th of Feb 2020 only we will offer the long course options; 1000M/2000M/4000M swims. These longer swims will start at 6.15pm each night with a cut off time of 8.15pm.
- 5:30 registration opens / 5.15pm on 5 and 19 Feb
- 6:15 Registration closes / 6pm on 5 and 19 Feb
- 6:20 compulsory race brief / 6.05pm on 5 and 19 Feb
- 6:30 First wave (long course 2000M) starts / 5 and 19 Feb 6.15pm 4000M wave begins
- 7:40 Last swimmers must be out of the water / 8.15pm for on 5 and 19 Feb.
- 7:45 Prize-giving/ 8.20pm on 5 and 19 Feb
There are 500m, 1000m, and 2000m races categories. The 500m race involves one lap of the triangular course, the 1000m race is two laps, and the 2000m is 4 laps of the course. Each distance has a male and female category for individuals.
There are 1000m, 2000m, and 4000m races on 5 and 19 Feb. The 1000m race involves one lap of the triangular course, the 2000m race is two laps, and the 4000m is 4 laps of the course. Each distance has a male and female category for individuals.
- Series Swim Pass Early Bird, pre 1 September: $220 incl free cap
- Discounted Full Series Swim Pass (10 races), pre 1 Nov: $240 incl free cap
- Full Series Swim Pass (10 races), pre 20 Nov; $260 incl free cap
- Series 5 x swim pass standard course only: $110
- Single Swim Pass standard course events: $25
- Single Swim Pass long course events: $30 (applicable only on 5 Feb and 19 Feb)
On the night registration is available:
- Standard course single swim pass on the night registration is $30, cash only.
- Long course single swim pass on the night registration is $35, cash only.
BRAND NEW THIS SEASON…
The Performance Pass – This pass is fantastic value for money, and includes the following;
- entry to 5 x standard course Race Series events
- 1 x 40 min 121,
- 1x Zoggs Big Wave event
- entry to our 5km SwimEars Adventure Race. Purchase all this now for only $270!
Colours have been selected for high visibility and safety in open water
- Yellow must be worn by long distance competitors
- Pink must be worn by medium distance competitors
- Orange must be worn by short distance competitors
All swimmers must wear the appropriate coloured cap. You may wear your own cap as long as it is the correct colour. Yellow, pink and orange caps will be available to purchase as part of the registration or on the night for $5.
1. All online entries must be received online by 2pm on the day of the race. LATE ENTRIES MAY BE ACCEPTED ON THE NIGHT $30 CASH/ or on 5 and 19 Feb (long course nights) $35 CASH.
2. Competitors YOUNGER THAN 16 years on the night who are competent swimmers, may seek dispensation from the race director to enter via their parent or guardian . Please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. All competitors must wear the appropriate coloured cap. (Distance = Yellow, Medium = Pink, Short = Orange) It may have any branding but must be the correct colour. Correct coloured caps are available for $5.
4. All swimmers must attend the safety briefing at 6.20pm/ 6pm long course, the night of the race.
5. Race start is 6.30pm or 6.15pm for the long course. The start line is waist deep to prevent toe stub running injuries.
6. Race cut off is 7.40pm/Or on 5 and 19 Feb 8.15pm – you must complete your swim by this time or you will be asked to leave the water.
7. Prizes will be awarded for first place male and female for each distance.
8. Un-sportsperson like behaviour will not be tolerated, this is a community, fun swim event. Anyone deemed to be in breach of this, will be asked to leave the venue.
9. Competency – swimmers are responsible for ensuring they have completed sufficient training to ensure they can competently complete this event. If in doubt speak to a staff member prior to beginning. We recommend a private swim coaching lesson and preparation in the group open water coached swims prior to swim racing.
10. The race director has the final say on race course layout and race participation.
For RealSwim Race Series feedback and queries email us on email@example.com
Keep an eye out for updates and other opportunities including our regular Fit&Abel swim coaching posts on facebook.
Join the 2019/2020 race series!
A big thank you to our community friends without whom the RealSwim Race Series would not be possible: