Funky Trunks and Funkita Race Series
Thank you for your support of the series throughout the 2021/2022 season. All result links are listed below.
We look forward to seeing you next season for another great summer of open water swim racing!
2021/2022 Race Dates, Times and Locations;
Wed 12 Jan 2022: Corsair Bay. Race Start: 6:30pm. RESULTS
Wed 19 Jan 2022: Naval Point. Race Start: 6:30pm. Cancelled due to weather.
Wed 26 Jan 2022: Corsair Bay. Race Start: 6:30pm. RESULTS
Tues 1 Feb 2022: Lake Tahi, Roto Kohatu Reserve, Sawyers Arms Road. Race Start: 6:30pm. RESULTS.
Wed 9 Feb 2022: Corsair Bay. Race Start: 6:30pm. Cancelled due to weather.
Sun 20 Feb 2022: Lake Tahi, Roto Kohatu Reserve, Sawyers Arms Road. Race Start: 7:00am. RESULTS.
Wed 23 Feb 2022: Corsair Bay. Race Start: 6:30pm. RESULTS.
Tue 1 Mar 2022: Lake Tahi, Roto Kohatu Reserve, Sawyers Arms Road. Race Start: 6:30pm. RESULTS.
Short = 500m
Medium = 1000m
Long = 2000m
- Registration opens at 5:30pm
- Registration closes at 6:15pm
- Compulsory race brief will be at 6:25pm
- Race Start will be in waves, starting from 6:30pm.. The long course swimmers will be set off first. Waves are started 2mins apart.
- Course cut off is 70mins after race start
- Prize giving will not be held. Prizes will be posted out.
Lake Tahi race categories: 1000m and 2000m. The race will be swum on a 1000m course.
Corsair Bay race categories: 500m, 1000m, and 2000m. The race will be swum on a 500m course. Each distance has a male and female category for individuals.
- Single Swim Pass: $35
- 3 Race Swim Pass: $105
- Full Series Swim Pass (6 races): $210, includes race cap
- On the night registration is available, please bring $40 cash.
Please note: the full series swim pass is not a discounted pass, it is provided for the convenience of booking. We are doing our best to deliver an awesome swim series in challenging times. Thanks for your support.
Colours have been selected for high visibility and safety in open water
- Yellow must be worn by long distance competitors
- Pink must be worn by medium distance competitors
- Orange must be worn by short distance competitors
All swimmers must wear the appropriate coloured cap. You may wear your own cap as long as it is the correct colour. Yellow, pink and orange caps will be available to purchase as part of the registration or on the night for $5.
- All online entries must be received by 1400 on the day of the race.
- Competitors YOUNGER THAN 16 years on the day who are competent swimmers may seek dispensation from the race director to enter via their parent or guardian. Please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All competitors must present their Vaccine Passport at registration.
- All competitors must wear the appropriate coloured cap. (Long = Yellow, Medium = Pink, Short = Orange). It may have any branding but must be the correct colour. Correct coloured caps are available for $5.
- All swimmers must attend the safety briefing 5mins before race start at every event.
- The start line is waist deep to prevent toe stub running injuries.
- Race cut off is 70mins after race start – you must complete your swim by this time or you will be asked to leave the water.
- Prizes will be awarded for first place male and female for each distance.
- Un-sportsperson like behaviour will not be tolerated, this is a community, fun swim event. Anyone deemed to be in breach of this, will be asked to leave the venue.
- Competency – swimmers are responsible for ensuring they have completed sufficient training to ensure they can competently complete this event. If in doubt speak to a staff member prior to beginning. We recommend a private swim coaching lesson and preparation in the group open water coached swims prior to swim racing.
- The race director has the final say on race course layout and race participation.
For Funky Trunks and Funkita Race Series feedback and queries email us on email@example.com
Keep an eye out for updates and other opportunities including our regular Fit&Abel swim coaching posts on facebook.
Join the 2021/2022 race series!
Terms and conditions Funky Trunks and Funkita Race Series (FTFRS):
By entering this event I agree I have read the race rules, am physically fit and capable to complete this open water swim and take full responsibility for my safety pre, during and post race.
If NZ moves into Covid Levels 2, 3 or 4, this event will be cancelled or postponed as per NZ Ministry of Health Guidelines. Your online race entry will either be;
- credited back to your FitandAbel TeamUp account to be used on the next available race OR
- if no races remain for the season, you will be credited the amount of your entry fee onto your FitandAbel Team Up account to be used towards another FitandAbel swim service.
By entering the FTFRS you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions.
A big thank you to our community friends without whom the Funky Trunks and Funkita Race Series would not be possible: