Swim Fitness and 1-2-1 Lessons
Improve technique and get fit this winter!
Winter is such a great time to work on fitness, skills and developing your swimming so you can enjoy open water swim events and opportunities over summer.
Our Winter Program 2022 includes:
- Saturday Morning Squad
- Private 121 lessons
- Freestyle Fundamental Clinics
- Stretching Sessions
- 3km and 5km swim training programs
- Custom clinics – NZ wide with prior arrangement. Email; email@example.com
Saturday Morning Squad 2022: Bookings Open
Maintain momentum and fitness training in a fun and inspiring environment this winter! We are really pleased to have once again secured pool space at McMillan’s Aquatic Centre (MAC’s) from 14 May until 24 September.
Our group training’s are for open water swimmers and triathletes looking to focus on technique, skills and fitness. We hold these sessions in the pool over winter and provide different group swimming opportunities over summer. Swimmers can expect to increase fitness, improve technique, learn more about open water swimming and enjoy a friendly and welcoming environment. We also offer private lessons for adults learn to swim through to technique correction and development.
Group sessions are suitable for anyone aged 16 years or older looking to improve their open water swimming abilities.
Dates and location
Saturdays 10:15-11:15am, from 14 May through until 24 September.
- McMillan’s Aquatic Centre (MAC’s), 54 Wickham Street, Bromley, Christchurch 8062
- Swim caps are compulsory for the squad
Prices for our standard winter swim passes
1 swim pass $15
10 swim pass $150
Swimmers need to be ready a minimum of 5 minutes before the start time. And please remember your swim cap.
All group swims have limited numbers, please click the booking button to confirm your spot (T&C’s apply, see below).
Private 121 Lessons
121 lessons are available for ages 16 – 105! Dan and Chloe will both be available for private lessons at the RealSwim Centre throughout winter. Click for more information, pricing and to book. If you would specifically like to book a lesson with Dan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or click here to see the calendar and book as you go. This will show the group lesson availability as well as 121 lesson times. Our booking system is ‘live’ meaning you can ‘click to book’ online…no hassles, no waiting in line. Online pre-registration is required to reserve your lesson.
Any questions please touch base; email@example.com. E-mail us if you would like a call back.
Freestyle Fundamentals Clinics
Join Coach Chloe for 4x 60min group sessions where you will learn the fundamental skills for an efficient freestyle stroke. This course integrates theory and practical elements to give you a comprehensive learning experience.
Course One runs on Wednesday evenings, and starts Wed 11 May 2022.
Course Two runs on Monday evenings, and starts Mon 16 May 2022.
What will be covered:
– Video of your current swimming
– Body Position
– Kick development
– Elements of an efficient freestyle swim stroke
Suitable for beginners through to seasoned swimmers. If you want to learn more about how to become an efficient swimmer this is the course for you!
The group is limited to four people and the four sessions will run across four weeks at The RealSwimCentre, Kaiapoi.
This is a four week course, there are no refunds if you cannot attend a session.
Introducing a weekly stretching session with Penelope at the RealSwim Centre, Kaiapoi. These 50min sessions will run on Tuesday evenings, starting Tuesday 17 May. This is a great opportunity, in a quiet rural environment, to support your swim training and everyday lifestyle with a regular guided stretch session to help increase your range of motion and decrease your risk of injuries.
3km and 5km Swim Training Programs
If you are based outside of Christchurch, or are further afield across the seas, don’t panic! We can still support you with your training and motivation to keep your swimming on track. Our 3km and 5km programs are designed for you to be able to pick up and run with, whether you are building towards an event, or simply looking for new ideas and structure to keep your swimming fun and interesting.
Our 3km program will suit any swimmer aiming to build up their endurance to complete a 3km open water event. It is also ideal for those training for a 1.8km triathlon swim. If you can complete the 3km swim training programme you are more likely to comfortably complete a half triathlon swim distance with energy to spare for the rest of your event.
Our 5km program will suit any swimmer aiming to build up their endurance to complete a 5km open water event. It will also be ideal for those training for a 3.8km triathlon swim. If you can complete the 5km swim training programme you are more likely to comfortably complete a full triathlon swim distance with energy to spare for the rest of your event.
These programs are entirely pool based. We highly recommend doing some open water swimming prior to your event, ideally somewhere with a coach or water safety available.
Training will consist of three programmed swims per week, with a 4th optional swim.
These programs run in three parts;
- PART ONE = Weeks 1 – 4: Introduction: lay your foundation/build fitness/refine technique. Total of 16 sessions.
- PART TWO = Weeks 5 – 8: Pace work: develop your speed. Total of 16 sessions.
- PART THREE = Weeks 9 – 12: Distance transition, followed by one taper week and final prep. Total of 16 sessions.
To purchase a program and get started email Chloe: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Option 1: Purchase the full 48 session program (all three parts) for $90. Or purchase each part individually for $30.
- Option 2: Purchase the program plus 4x 20minute online video consults throughout your program to discuss your progress and ask questions with one of our coaches. Your first consult will be prior to beginning the program. Cost = $199.
We recommend all swimmers consult with their doctor before proceeding with any vigorous training programs. Our recommendation is that all swimmers swim within their means and take more rest or shorten the program if required. Fit and Abel are available for consultations, support and advice if you require it. Fit and Abel is not liable for any health issues, injuries or related issues whilst you undertake one of these programs.
Terms and Conditions
Please read these T&C’s carefully, they cover all the activities and swim passes available on this page.
* Coached group swim passes are valid for 12 months from date of purchase, and can be used across both our winter and summer coached group swim sessions. Please note; after purchasing your swim pass you must then reserve your space at each swim group by registering the dates and times you will be attending.
* Each group has limited numbers. You may find some swim dates are full in which case you will be added to the waitlist.
* You can unregister for any swim group up to 6 hours prior to the start time.
* Cancellations due to weather will be rolled over to the next session.
* No refunds, we will certainly do our best to accommodate any cancellations.
* 3km and 5km swim programs are non-refundable.
* Note: swimming caps are compulsory – available from our online store for $5. Please select the registration link at the top of the page to make your booking.
*Note: information collected as part of the registration process is managed and used in accordance with the NZ Privacy Act 1993. That means it’s not shared with a third party, we protect it, and you have the right to review any information collected about you at any time.
We are happy to provide help and guidance when deciding on a wetsuit; in Christchurch New Zealand we recommend Frontrunner In the Colombo Street Mall (ask for Lynette) for a great range of performance wetsuits and expert advice to ensure you get a wetsuit that fits correctly and is right for your swim ability.
Inquiries can be made by e-mailing email@example.com
Make sure you check out our swim holidays and custom swim options at www.realswimadventures.com
Improve technique and get fit this winter!
The below is hidden on all screen sizes. Its being left here for the 2019 winter season and when requested by Dan, it can be dragged back into the section above where it will display.