As adult learn to swim and open water swim specialists, we are passionate about providing you safe, fun and rewarding places to swim and events to enjoy to support your swimming journey.
Our primary goal is to offer a range of swimming opportunities to support those learning to swim right through to those competing in an Ironman or completing a marathon swim. We know the benefits of swimming are so much more than just the ‘doing’ and we pride ourselves on creating a fun, welcoming, friendly and inclusive community from which every individual can gain support, knowledge and encouragement.
To enable us to provide the swimming opportunities we offer, we have invested in and secured access to the following venues;
- The RealSwim Centre, Kaiapoi: our private state-of-the-art indoor 12m heated swimming pool is perfect for 1-2-1 lessons and small group clinics.
- Waltham Pool: this outdoor, heated 33m pool really is a jewel in the crown of swimming pools available in Christchurch and we are very pleased on behalf of the Outdoor Swimming Club to be opening its doors Monday, Tuesday and Friday mornings, from 6am.
- Corsair Bay: a superb venue for our RealSwim Race Series event, held Wednesday evenings in December, January and February.
- Sparks Lake: a stunning private lake in rural North Canterbury, perfect for a race training event.
- Lake Brunner Yacht Club: an excellent West Coast base for our weekend swim camps.
FITANDABEL SUMMER MEMBERSHIP
With an exciting variety of opportunities available, our pricing structure is set so we can offer each individual the best option to support their swimming needs. You can choose;
- the FitandAbel Summer Membership, outlined below, which allows you pay one off at the start of the season, or a weekly payment across the season.
- Pay As You Go options – pricing is further down the page.
Summer Membership: best suited to swimmers regularly swimming, who love an early morning group session, want to train consistently over summer, attend coached squads and compete/participate in local FitandAbel swimming events.
- Waltham Pool access: available for casual lane swimming three mornings a week for a 15-week period from mid-November 2022 to mid-March 2023.
- Coached Group Squads: 0600 – 0700 at Waltham Pool, three mornings a week.
- RealSwim Race Series: entry to all six races held in Corsair Bay or Naval Point. First race is Wed 14 Dec 2022.
Total Cost: $695 paid up front (before midnight Sun 13 Nov) or $46.33 per week (direct debit) across a 15 week period.
To allow you to purchase your membership and start booking sessions before the Waltham Pool season starts, the direct debit option will be available for purchase from 01 November 2022. If you purchase your membership between 01 and 13 Nov 2022 two things will occur; 1) your weekly payment will always be taken on the day of the week you purchased and 2) you will be paying in advance of the season which means once your 15 week billing period is complete you won’t pay any longer. You will still be able to attend Waltham sessions until the end of the season and we will communicate directly with you for booking those final sessions.
If you purchase this membership once the season has already started on Monday 14 Nov, the total cost or direct debit cost will be pro-rated according to how many weeks/days remain in the season.
During the Christmas break your membership will be put on hold and you will not be charged for the holiday period Sat 22 Dec 2022 to Sun 8 January 2023.
Please see Terms and Conditions below.
Pay as you Go Pricing
Private 121 lesson or consult with Dan
- 60min = $165
- 40min = $99
- 6x 30min lessons = $420
Private 121 lesson or consult with Chloe
- 60min = $115
- 40min = $85
- 6x 30min lessons = $360
Waltham Casual Swim Pass = $10 for a single session, or purchase a 10-swim pass for $100
Waltham Casual Swim Season Pass = $320
Coached Squad at Waltham = $15 for a single session, or purchase a 10-swim pass for $150
Coached Group Sessions at Waltham
Here is a general overview of what you can expect in our squads this season.
Monday = FitandAbel swim fitness: this session is designed to kick start the week with a focus on building your swim fitness, incorporating pace changes, distance building and getting feedback from our expert coaches.
Tuesday = Classic Surf Tri Masters: this session will be a blend of our FitandAbel coaching style and a classic Surf Tri Masters session. These sessions will get you working hard and awake for the day ahead!
Friday = Fitness & technique: Friday morning groups are full of expert coaching and fitness building, topped off with some banter and fun to kick off your weekend.
Terms and Conditions for the FitandAbel Summer Membership
The following terms apply to the FitandAbel Summer Membership 2022/2023;
- If Covid-19 prevents FitandAbel and/or the Outdoor Swimmers Club from opening Waltham Pool or delivering swimming events during the 15-week membership period, your membership will be automatically be put on hold until the activities are able to resume. If you are paying weekly, your payments will be paused. If you paid a lump sum, at the end of the season we will credit your TeamUp account for the weeks missed, with a correction pro rata for any racing/121’s used or not used.
- If you get injured or sick you can request to put your membership on hold. If you are paying weekly, your payments will be paused. If you paid a lump sum, at the end of the season we will credit your TeamUp account for the weeks missed with a correction pro rata for any racing/121’s used or not used.
- All memberships are automatically put on hold during the Christmas/New Year period; 22 Dec 2022 to 8 Jan 2023.
- When purchasing this membership, you are committing to the summer season of swimming. Any requests to cancel will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis – please e-mail us in the first instance; email@example.com. We always aim to be open, fair and honest. We will work closely with you to achieve an outcome that is reasonable for both parties.
Thank you for your understanding.